Tuesday 12 February 2013

Treat yourself Tuesday: our new purchases

We've both been indulging in a little retail therapy lately so we thought we'd show your some of our purchases and give you our ideas about how we'd wear what's in the shops right now! We've picked five items each so hold on tight and here we go!

Also - an announcement! You can now follow us on Twitter!

EMMA:


Skirt - H&M - £19.99
I love this skirt especially the length and the gorgeous green with the gold stud detailing! These types of skirt are so versatile as they can be worn for work, shopping, a dinner date, even partying - the list is endless! For a day look I would add black tights with a funky t-shirt, leather jacket, some ankle boots and plenty of jewellery.



Leopard print jumper - H&M - £12.99
I absolutely love this jumper! Again there are so many ways you could wear it - to work, shopping or for a comfy day. I would definitely choose to wear it on a comfy day but teaming it with jogging bottoms or a t-shirt dress, I guarantee you'll never want to take it off!


T-shirt - Topshop - £20
I am just totally in love with this new t-shirt! This comes up quite baggy and long so you could get away with wearing it as a dress with black tights and your favourite trainers. I can't wait to wear mine and will add my leather jacket over the top!


Skirt - H&M - £14.99
This delicate lace skirt is from H&M and I'm immensely in love with it! I wore this out on Saturday night and teamed it with a cami top, leopard print belt, cropped leather jacket and ankle boots. It looked totally amazing! This skirt is a must this season!



T-shirt dress - H&M - £7.99
Everyone should invest in a t-shirt dress, they are so simple to wear and go with absolutely everything! You can wear them under your shirts, baggy t-shirts, jumpers, dress it up with a blazer, a leather jacket and your favourite high shoes. And of course a must is to overload it with jewellery!

HARRIET:


Dress - Primark - £10
This dress sits at a beautiful midi length and is ideal for the taller girl such as myself if you don't want to show off too much leg! It's tight fitting but not too clingy which again is ideal. I'll be wearing this to work today with a tasselled sleeveless cardi, black tights, black Chelsea boots, a top knot and plenty of jewellery. Alternatively I'd pair it with these cross earrings (also Primark) and some mega heels for a classy evening look.


Shirt - vintage - Emma's shop
I've got a real thing about vintage shirts but most of the ones I own are denim so not ideal for work. As soon as I saw this in Emma's shop I knew I wanted it to be mine! It's long enough to wear with leggings so for a casual look I'd go for leggings, flat boots, a patterned headscarf and probably a big chunky jumper over the top. For a work look I'd tuck it in to some trousers or a skirt and wear a scarf tied in a bow under the collar.


Vest top - Primark - £3
How can you argue with spending about the same as you would on a sandwich on a top with a wolf on it, a dipped hem at the back and studs on the shoulder?! In the summer I'd wear this with a pair of denim shorts, Converse and some flowers in my hair to girly it up a bit! Or for now it'll be paired with leggings, Converse and a big jumper with plenty of bracelets.


Shirt - vintage - Emma's shop
What was I saying about vintage shirts? I love the stud detail Emma's cleverly added to this shirt and the length of it. I'll be wearing it to work open over a bright dress or with jeans, ballet shoes, a leather jacket and these peace earrings (from Primark) for a weekend look.


Maxi skirt - Primark - £10
I literally ran to this skirt and grabbed it as soon as I lay eyes on it! It's the ultimate comfy skirt. For a casual look I'll be wearing it with an oversized men's vest tucked in to it with a patterned headscarf and Converse/sandals in the summer. I think it would also look amazing with a white shirt and a big fur coat!

Those are just some of the looks we'll be rocking in the coming days and weeks! We hope you loved our new purchases as much as we do!

H & E x

No comments:

Post a Comment